Full-time Staff Openings:
Position: Full time Logistics Manager – see job description here
Location: Hybrid – Denver Metro Area/ Louisville Gear Room.
Compensation: $45,000 full time salaried, non-exempt.
How to Apply: Fill out this form by the end of the day on August 27.
Timeline: Interviews will occur the weeks of September 4th and September 11th, with a tentative start date of October 2nd.
Imposter syndrome is real! You do not need to hit all of the qualifications to apply for jobs with us.
Did you think about applying but ultimately decide against it? Tell us why here so we can create better jobs and job descriptions.
Working With Cottonwood Institute
At Cottonwood Institute, we strive to provide a supportive environment where all our staff and instructors can learn, grow, and thrive so our students can do the same.
We aim to have an organizational staff that reflects the communities we work in, and we know that qualified people who bring different insights and influences to our team increase our value as an organization. We highly encourage you to apply to our open positions, even if you don’t meet all of the qualifications. You can also learn more about our commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) here. If you need support navigating certifications or have questions about whether your work experience matches a particular requirement, please reach out to Dru at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Passion: We share enthusiasm and joy for our mission and our programs.
- Equity & Inclusion: Our commitment to a more just world is woven into everything we do.
- Collaboration: We build authentic partnerships with the communities we serve.
- Connection: We value relationships with each other, our community, and the natural world.
- Compassion: We care deeply about and invest in the growth and wellbeing of our students, families, and staff.
Compensation & Benefits
We are committed to providing a thrive-able wage for our staff, and we reevaluate our compensation structure regularly. Starting in October 2022, we rolled out a new pay structure for our CAP and Field Instructors, which we hope other nonprofits in our industry will adopt as well. Read more about our compensation here. Instructor hourly pay ranges from $18-25/ hour depending on experience and certifications.
CI pays for all time directly working with students during field programs, and employees are eligible for overtime at time and a half for more than 12 consecutive hours and for more than 40 hours in a work week.
- Access to industry pro deals
- Free access to CI gear during non-program hours
- Paid professional development opportunities and ongoing trainings
- Mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle trips over 50 miles per day
- Reimbursement for the cost of Wilderness First Aid after 6 field days worked per year for 2 years
- Eligibility for Sick Leave benefits in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplaces Act of Colorado
- Eligibility for Worker’s Compensation if an instructor is injured while leading a program
Outdoor Education Instructor Job openings: