THE THROWDOWN 2017: We are excited to host The Throwdown 2017, our 8th annual charity cornhole tournament to benefit Cottonwood Institute, on Sunday, August 6th, 2017 from 10am – 4pm in front of Union Station in Denver, CO. Registration is not open quite yet, but send us an email and we will let you know when it goes live.
The Throwdown is our annual charity cornhole tournament for folks who want to enjoy an afternoon outside tossing bags, while supporting a great local educational non-profit. Whether you’re an expert or you’ve never heard of the game before, it is a great time for all. Relax, no experience is needed to participate! This tournament is wildly fun and the popularity has been growing every year, especially with Denver’s professional crowd. In fact, this is now quite possibly the largest charity cornhole tournament in Denver! What are you waiting for?
A more appropriate question should be why not? The Throwdown raises money for Cottonwood Institute to help support our programs to connect high need students to the outdoors and empower them to take action to improve their schools, their communities, and the environment. It’s a noble cause.
WHERE IS IT?
Union Station in Denver, CO. If you are looking at the main entrance of Union Station from Wynkoop Street, the tournament will be in the quad to the right in front of Snooze and Mercantile. The official Cottonwood Institute tent and banner will mark the official spot along with 16 or so cornhole sets, so you can’t miss us.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This year, we are introducing a Corporate Challenge bracket. The Corporate Challenge bracket will consist of a 4 team round robin with 2 people per team. Each team in the round robin will play each other, record their wins and scores, and then the top 2 teams from each round robin will advance to the winners bracket. A company may choose to pay for their entire round robin bracket and invite key prospects, customers, clients, vendors, employees, etc. or they may choose to challenge companies from another industry all together. The benefit of this is that you get to play with people you want to network and play with for the first few hours of the tournament and it will help keep the tournament more fun and casual.
HOW MUCH IS IT AND WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
The cost to compete in this tournament of epic proportions is $1,000 per team. Each team consists of two people. Each competitor must be 21 or older. Your registration fee includes:
- A guarantee of 3 games of cornhole with a 4 team round robin format. The winner of each round robin will advance to the winners bracket
- VIP lounge area with a Bloody Mary bar from 10:00am – 11:00am sharp courtesy of The Real Dill, Deep Eddy Vodka, Moe’s Bagels, and Fluid Coffee Bar‘s delicious Fluid Cold Brew
- Chair massages to help loosen up for the big tournament
- Beer from Great Divide Brewing Company
- Food from Chipotle and Sliceworks
- Music from 5280 Mobile DJ
- Each participant will receive an official Throwdown koozie from AOR
- Prizes for the tournament winners, runners up, and third place team (see below).
- Your company logo listed on our event website and in promotional materials and your banner on site at the event
- It’s way more fun than that boring golf tournament you do every year
- Remember, this is for charity and 100% of the proceeds will benefit Cottonwood Institute students, so do it for the kids people!
A huge shout out goes to our friends who are donating some pretty amazing prizes this year for our first, second, and third place teams:
- The winner, runner up, and third place team of the Corporate Challenge Bracket will receive a 1/4 page ad with company logos in the Denver Business Journal for serious bragging rights.
- The winning team will receive an official Throwdown trophy from AOR, because all winners need a trophy to show off.
- PBR Party for up to 20 friends courtesy of The Squire Lounge
- A date night courtesy of 5280 Magazine
- Dinner for 10, 4, and 2 from Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Gift basket from The Real Dill
- Gift basket from Deep Eddy Vodka
- $50 gift cards from Stoney’s Bar and Grill
- $45 gift card from Hopdoddy
- $25 gift cards from Snooze
- If there are any prizes leftover, stick around. You may get a prize just for being awesome
CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING TOSS!