Community and Commenting Guidelines
Last Revised: November 3, 2008
At cottonwoodinstitute.org/blog, cottonwoodinstitute.org/nvhs, cottonwoodinstitute.org/ps1, and cottonwoodinstitute.org/manual (“CI Blog”) we seek to build an online community centered around facilitating the advancement of knowledge and information sharing surrounding the latest trends, research, news, statistics, and information related to CI Services, experiential education, and service learning.
With this goal in mind, we hope to bring a diverse range of perspectives and voices into this site. While we do not want to limit the spirit of civil disagreement, we will decline to publish unacceptable content, including comments, and will remove unacceptable content if we find it on this CI Blog.
Unacceptable content includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Statements that are intended as a personal attack or are abusive, harassing, or threatening.
- Comments that are threatening, harassing, libelous, false, defamatory, offensive, obscene or pornographic, abusive, off-topic, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
- Defamatory or knowingly false statements.
- Information of a private or personal nature that does not have relevant value.
- Irrelevant statements or SPAM.
- Materials that violate the copyright, trademark, or trade secret rights of others that are not otherwise authorized by law, such as fair use.
CI Blog staff and its agents will determine what is “unacceptable content” on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to change these standards at any time. We also reserve the right to remove links to unacceptable off-site content at any time.
These Community and Commenting Guidelines were last revised on November 3, 2008.